What Makes Us Different
Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative (MEC) is deliberately different in every aspect of the word:
- Focusing on meeting our members’ needs, and ensuring quality, reliable service with safety at the forefront, sets us apart from other organizations.
- As a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative, our main objective is to provide our members with service excellence, and in order to do that, we must ensure our employees are the Best of the Best!
- At MEC, you are not just an employee, you are part of a family and as such, you will receive the resources, education, and training to be the best in your field in order to ensure our member’s expectations are not only met but exceeded.
- Living up to this commitment requires hard work, dedication, and creativity.
- When positions become available at MEC, we look for talented associates who not only meet the job requirements of the position but are also willing and eager to give back to their community.
- The dedication and innovation of our employees are why MEC has an outstanding reputation as both a community leader and an outstanding place to work.
Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative Openings
Explore the career opportunities currently available at Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative. A challenging and rewarding future awaits!
- Visit MEC Jobs to explore current openings.
Nationwide Utility Cooperative Careers
- View a list of Nationwide Utility Cooperative Careers.
- MEC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that is firmly committed to complying with all laws related to EOE that affect employees or individuals seeking employment.
- It is the policy of this Cooperative not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- MEC is a drug-free workplace.
Special Accommodations & Assistance
- If you have questions or need special accommodations such as computer access during the normal work day for the online application process due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources Department.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (PDF)
- SBA Form 722 (PDF)
- Cooperative’s Non-Discrimination Statement and Policy (PDF)
Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative believes hiring veterans strengthens our cooperative and the communities we serve; therefore, we proudly partner with the following organizations that help empower and employ veterans.