We are committed to the safety of our members. Stay safe during and after storms with these helpful tips!
Storm Safety Video
Hurricane Safety Tips!
Tornado Safety Tips
Practice & Prepare
- Know where you’ll meet your family during the tornado (and after)
- Practice a tornado drill annually
- Keep a weather radio in your storm shelter, along with safety supplies
- Go to your basement, a small interior room, or under stairs on the lowest floor of the house
- If you live in a mobile home, get out and look for a stable building
- If outside, find low ground – away from trees and cars – and lie face down with your arms protecting your head
After the Storm
- Stay away from downed power lines, and avoid flooded areas – power lines could be submerged and still live with electricity
- Don’t enter seriously damaged buildings and avoid using matches and lighters in case of gas leaks
Source: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and Funnel, Inc.