Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative offers its members several ways to pay their monthly electric bills.
- If you choose to pay online, our SmartHub App is easy and fast.
- Simply set up a one-time username and password for easy access to view and pay your bill 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any computer or mobile device.
- You can also view up to 24 months of your billing history, see usage details, view and report outages, and connect with social media.
- Need help? Installing or Creating a New SmartHub Account (PDF).
- If you would like to pay your electric bill by e-check or credit card, it’s easy!
- This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just call toll-free (877) 541-5737 and select Option 2.
- Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative account number
- Checking account information
- Or your credit card number, 3-digit security code (on the back of your card), expiration date, and zip code of where your credit card statement is mailed if paying by credit card.
Automatic Bank or Credit Card Withdrawal
- This option allows you to have your monthly electric bill automatically deducted from your checking/savings or your Visa, Discover, or MasterCard.
- Each month you receive your statement indicating the amount due and the date the automatic deduction will occur.
- To enroll in this program, call your local district office or sign up through SmartHub.
- Similar to an ATM, payment kiosks are available at each district location to allow for 24/7 account access
- You can easily view and pay your bills using cash, check, or credit card
- Each month’s bill has a return envelope included that you can use to mail your check or money order along with your bill stub
- Please do not send cash
- We have 3 district offices open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Our District Service Representatives in Chase City, Gretna, and Emporia are available to take your payment in person and answer any questions that you may have.